What does your school’s back to school plan look like? Will your HOSA chapter be able to meet in person or are you having to find new ways to connect? I know teachers are overwhelmed with just the idea of making curriculum adjustments through COVID this year, so we are hoping to provide both curricular and chapter ways to support your chapters, and we hope that you will continue to share. If you are recording any of the virtual speakers you have this year or have other ideas that you can share with our members please email Katie Meier at email@example.com
One of the first questions that has come up is how do you do recruitment and/or build community and engagement if you have to switch your chapter to a virtual format. Our state officers are working on part of that with their plans for Fall Leadership Conference (happening virtually this year), as well as, hosting virtual state wide experiences for your members.
Other ideas for recruitment and engagement include:
- Games that can be played in a virtual setting- check out virtual escape rooms (one example is The Escape Game), Drawful from Jackbox Games, or Code Names as a few to play around with and see if they fit for you
- Have your officer team make a recruiting video… could they work on the PSA event at the same time with this year’s topic being “The Future of Healthcare- How is HOSA Making a Difference”?
- Do you have a social media presence?
- Virtual guest speakers or skill demos
- Blending HOSA into your regular classroom to make it more co-curricular (see posts in drop down under “health science curriculum” resources for ideas