Support Montana HOSA
St. John’s United is committed to supporting early career exposure and skill development, specifically the Montana HOSA program. As a human services organization with a focus in healthcare, we must invest in producing our future talent pool if we want to sustain, grow and challenge our industry to remain relevant in meeting current and future demands. Partnering with HOSA allows us to work directly with and guide the creation of the education and training programs ensuring students are gaining the skills sets we need now and will need years from now.Karen Miller, St. John's United
Local Sponsorship Opportunities
- PROVIDE JOB SHADOWS – Workforce development is part of the Montana health science career and technical education curriculum. Let your local chapter know who they may contact at your organization to schedule job shadows.
- HOST A TOUR- Sometimes individual job shadows might not be an option. Could your facility host a tour for a local chapter?
- DONATE LIGHLY USED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT- Health science teachers struggle to provide the equipment necessary to provide hands-on experience in their classroom and labs. Used or expired equipment may be able to find a second home. Reach out to local advisors for a list of what they could use.
- ADOPT A CHAPTER- Financial donations or discounts can go along way to supporting to the success of a local chapter. You could help chapters with any of their expenses ranging from buying equipment, travel to conferences, conference registration fees, uniforms, helping them with supplies for their community outreach programs, even helping cover the cost of feeding students by buying pizza or snacks for a meeting or work session.
- COMPENSATE YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR SERVING AS GUEST SPEAKERS OR VOLUNTEERS- Montana HOSA is a a registered 503(c)3 organization. If your employees volunteer with a chapter, either at school, or during a community service event, you can count their work hours as a deduction.
- INVITE STUDENTS/CHAPTERS TO WORKSHOPS OR TRAININGS- Is your organization hosting a conference, workshop, or training related to the healthcare industry? Could you sponsor a few seats or tickets for students to attend and see the world of a professional workshop?
- HELP PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL ATTIRE- Many of our students struggle to financially afford professional clothing. Could you or you organization donate lightly used professional clothes (both dress clothes and/or scrubs) for a dress for success closet with your local chapter? How about donations to a local department store that advisors could use to support students who the professional dress requirements for many of the HOSA activities serve as a barrier?
- PROVIDE SOFT SCHOLARSHIPS- Many of our Montana HOSA members attend special health science conferences and/or camps during the school year and over the summer. Your donation could be used to provide a conference/camp registration in your business’s name.
State Sponsorship Opportunties
- GET INVOLVED IN OUR STATE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE- Montana HOSA State Leadership Conference, hosted each spring, brings together student members to compete in leadership, teamwork, healthcare professional, and emergency preparedness events. Local professionals are needed to help judge events and lead workshops. Financial donations can help offset the costs of our conferences including our Fall Leadership Conference provided to chapter officers throughout the state free of charge.
- ADVOCATE FOR MONTANA HOSA- Montana HOSA and health science career and technical education are leaders in creating a workforce pipeline for industry shortages in our state. Advocating for Montana HOSA in within community and statewide for continued support of House Bill 86 is a priority for continuing to provide these opportunities to our students.
- APPLY FOR BOARD MEMBERSHIP- The Montana HOSA Board of Directors is a voluntary members from the education, healthcare, government, and industry sectors. Term of service is 3 years.
- SUPPORT TEACHER CONTINUING EDUCATION– Our Montana HOSA teacher advisors represent some of the most qualified health science professionals in the state. In order to acquire competencies, teachers must sometimes travel outside of the state to attend national conferences, present at workshops, take part in consortiums, and serve on boards. Financial sponsorship of teacher education is a great way to have a wide impact as these teachers often use this education in their own classroom, but also to provide professional development to other advisor/teachers in our state.
- HOST STUDENT INTERNS- Many HOSA students can earn health science course credit for healthcare facility internships. For more information, contact Montana OPI Health Science Education Specialist, Renee Erlandsen, at email@example.com
- PROVIDE A COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP- Nearly 95% of Montana HOSA seniors go onto postsecondary health science programs. These seniors compete for the minimal health-care specific college freshman scholarships. Contact Montana HOSA to ask how your organization can sponsor a HOSA college scholarship
National Sponsorship Opportunities
- SEND A STUDENT TO WASHINGTON D.C.- Each fall, Montana student executive council members and chapter officers attend the National HOSA Washington Leadership Academy in Washington D.C. There, students attend workshops, tour national health industry facilities, and meet with Montana State legislators. Your donation could help sponsor their trip.
- SPONSOR AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE QUALIFIER- Airline and accommodations are cost prohibitive for many of our international conference qualifiers to compete at the International Leadership Conference held each summer in rotating locations. A sponsorship or scholarship to our qualifiers would allow more of our students to compete and gain exposure on the National stage.
City College’s cooperation with Montana HOSA is one of the most important partnerships we have. Career and Technical Education is so very important to Montana’s future and connecting students as early as possible to those careers will make us all successful.Dr. Vicki Trier, Dean of City College
The 2022 Montana HOSA State Leadership Conference will be held in Billings, MT April 5-6, 2022. Please save the calendar dates if you would like to be involved.
We will need:
- Judges 2 weeks prior to the conference to score supplemental materials
- Judges and other assistance for events focusing on leadership and teamwork on the afternoon of the 5th
- Judges and mock patients for technical skills taking place on the morning of the 6th
- Hosts for educational symposiums (small group student break out sessions) being held the afternoon of the 14th